Monday, March 30, 2009

So Bad It's Good

From Booking Through Thursday:

What’s the best ‘worst’ book you’ve ever read — the one you like despite some negative reviews or features?



Hollywood Kids is the only Jackie Collins book I've ever read, and it is trashy trashy trashy. But oh so fun. I'm not entirely sure why I picked it up--probably it was one of those bored-out-of-my-mind grocery store purchases--and in all honesty I don't recall the plot very clearly. I do remember it starts off with a bang and traces the lives of the young, rich, and beautiful in Hollywood's most glamorous settings. There are tons of plotlines going on (which naturally somehow tie together at the end), sex, mobsters, psycho killers, drugs, anorexia, classy hookers, star-crossed lovers, shootings... basically all the standard elements of pulp fiction. This book was pure trash, but it was thoroughly enjoyable trash that I couldn't put down. I loved it.





Powered by ScribeFire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...