Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What's On My Desk Wednesday

Hey, look everyone!  I'm doing a weekly meme and it's actually on the day it's supposed to be on!  Hooray!



My new blogging buddy, (^_^) mjmbecky at One Literature Nut, tagged me for What's on Your Desk Wednesday, a weekly meme hosted by Sassy Brit at Alternative Read.  Here are the rules:

Here's what you do:

   1. Grab a camera and take a photo of your desk! Or anywhere you stack your books/TBR pile. And no tidying!
   2. Add this photo to your blog.
   3. Tag at least 5 people!
   4. Come back here and leave a link back to your photo in the comments section.

That's it. However, for those without digital cameras or blogs of your own, you can do this instead: (or both if you are keen!)

   1. List at least 5 BOOKISH things on your desk (I'm thinking your TBR pile or books you haven't shelved...)
   2. List at least 5 NON BOOK things. (I'm thinking some of some of the more unusual items on your desk/table?)
   3. Tag at least 5 people to do the same.
   4. Come back and leave your link, so we can come and visit your blog. Or add your answers in the comments.

Feel free to grab the above picture to place on your blog - as a way of showing you are participating, and of course to spread the word! Have fun!

So here is my desk, such as it is:



Ack, it's a mess!  You can tell I heart the post-it notes.

Five book-related things on my desk are two books, a Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix window-cling, a list of books that are being released that I need to buy, organized by month; a few bookmarks, and a bookplate sticker signed by Yasmine Galenorn that my mom gave me. 

Five non-book related things are a music box with kittens that dance in a basket when you wind it; essential oils I bought as part of a project inspired by Broom_Service (I was going to try to mix them to create an aromatherapy mist to help my students concentrate in class, but then I started getting concerned one of them would have an allergy to it or something); a business card for a puppet- and mask-maker in Venice, some money (so that's where I put that!), and a letter that I started but didn't finish (yet!--I swear I will finish it, Vicki).

So now it's my turn to tag five people.  Here they are:

The reason why I chose these five people in particular is because I know they all started blogging about books (exclusively at least) around the same time I did--which is to say, only a few months ago.  But if you like this meme and you want to do it, you should consider yourself tagged!  I look forward to seeing all of your desks.



Powered by ScribeFire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...