Sunday, August 23, 2009

TSS-The Sunday Sun

The Sunday Salon.com

A song for you this Sunday:


This last week has been pretty stressful for me, what with starting a new job.  Because we're going through training, our hours have been very irregular--one day we'll working 4-11 PM, the next day we'll work 9-4 AM.  As a result, I've been very tired and haven't been able to blog or even read that much, which makes me sad.  It has become clear, though, that with my new job I'm going to have to prioritize more about when it comes to blogging.  I think reading obviously has to be my number one priority.  I'm still reading--and not even halfway through--the book I started the week before last, The Oracles of Delphi Keep, just because I leave it until late at night to read, and then I'm so tired I can only get through a page.  Same thing with writing, another activity I traditionally leave until after midnight--I'm just too tired after working to put together sentences, it seems like.  So I think I'm going to start flipping my activities so I can devote more free time to read and writing, and leave going through other people's blogs and commenting for my days off.

The good news is, after September, I think things at my job are going to slow down considerably.  I'll likely be able to read a lot at work then.  So that's something to look forward to... I guess.  Boring jobs, yay.



In other news, I've been nominated for five categories for Book Blogger Appreciation Week! *blush*  Thank you so much for nominating me, everyone--I really appreciate it.  I was nominated for best romance blog, most eclectic blog, best special topic blog, best commentator (that's nice!), and best series or feature on Mondays.  Hooray!  I'm honored that you guys thought of me when submitting your nominations.

Arthurian Challenge

I also joined yet another challenge.  I must needs stop myself, no?  But since I've been watching Merlin lately, I've really been wanting to read Arthurian-related books.  Irish on twitter let me know about Becky's Arthurian Challenge, so I signed up right away!  I've already decided I'm going to read The Once and Future King by TH White, Taliesin by Stephen Lawhead, Twilight of Avalon by Anna Elliott, and re-read the Merlin books by Mary Stewart and The Broken Sword.  I might read something else if I come across anything interesting (I am open to suggestions). 

Lastly, Nymeth mentioned on Things Mean a Lot that she is also trying to reduce the size of her TBR pile, and gave herself some rules to follow for doing so.  I've decided to follow her lead and set up some personal guidelines, too.  So here we go:
  • Once library books reach their renewal limit, I will not order them again until my TBR pile is down to one shelf.  If I'm not going to read them in a month, it's just not going to happen.  They need to go.
  • I'm not going to join any more challenges (after the Arthurian Challenge, of course ^_^).
  • No more buying books (not that I've been buying that many books lately anyway... except for that one book I just bought.  Ooops).
  • I will not let myself be pressured into reading books other people loan me, no matter how much they pout and pester me about it (yes, I'm talking to you, Mom).
So there you go.  My three rules.  With these, I should have my TBR pile whittled down by, oh, never.  Haha.  Oh well--you really can't have too many books, right?

What are you reading this week?


Powered by ScribeFire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...