Saturday, March 20, 2010

Musical Notes--Darkly Luminous and The Prisoner of Zenda

















Image by suchitra prints

Musical Notes is a weekly feature where I talk about the music that accompanied my reading.  It was inspired by the lovely Memory from Stella Matutina.

The Darkly Luminous Fight for Persephone Parker

Have you heard of Melody Gardot?  Well, you have now.



This is the song I thought of when Alix and Percy were dancing:



As you can tell, this book put me in very romantic mood.

The Prisoner of Zenda

I love this song for Prisoner of Zenda because, one, it makes no sense. Straight-up. And two, if anyone would understand being burdened with other people's problems, it would be the hero of this story.



Also, the whole time I was reading Prisoner, I had this song stuck in my head. Could be because it's catchy, could be because of the castle & Taylor Swift looks like a princess. Who knows!



So that makes two romantic books this week!


What have you been reading and listening to the past week?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...