Saturday, April 21, 2012

Readathon Mid-Event Update

The Black Hawk book setting

We're halfway through the Dewey's 24-hour Readathon! And by "we," I mean "you," because I spent most of the day working. But accomplishments! I haz them:
  • I listened to two short stories on audiobook, "A Scandal in Bohemia," which was pretty decent for a Holmes mystery; and "The Moabite Cipher" by R. Austin Freeman. That was a little boring.
  • I finished a few challenges, including the eBook survey, book appetite, turn to a page (romance novels are great fodder for this), and book staging. I staged The Black Hawk by Joanna Bourne (pic above). The story is about two spies in 19th-century France, so I have my French kitty postcard; and one of the spies is nicknamed Owl, so there's an owl drawing and fuzzy owl ornament. Knives also feature prominently in the story, and in one scene the spies are at a masqued ball and one them wears a Venetian moretta mask, which I just happen to have.
I'm going to enjoy the great weather for a bit by reading outside now. How has your Readathon been going so far?


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...