Saturday, April 21, 2012

Readathon Start Post!

readathon button

Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon is once again upon us. What is the Readathon, you ask? Well, it's kind of like the Superbowl for bibliophiles. Basically we all try to read until our eyes bleed, blog about it, cheer one another along, and spend a lot of time thinking about snacks. I am dead cert (sorry, been reading a little too much PG Wodehouse) that you can still sign up if you want to join in, so do it! It's fun.

Sadly, I have to work during the day, but I will try to get in as much reading as possible. Here are my *very* loose plans:
  • Try to wake up at 6 a.m. Obviously I didn't accomplish this.
  • Finish The Black Hawk by Joanna Bourne.
  • I was thinking of starting on A Discovery of Witches next, which I won from The Picky Girl. Yay! We'll see what mood I'm in.
  • Plug away at Great Expectations.
  • Listen to an audiobook or two. I have no idea which one--I have a bunch of short stories to listen to, plus some longer novels, all from Librivox.
  • Watch The Philadelphia Story for #fauxhitchfest.
Those are my plans! In reality I'll be lucky to finish Black Hawk and will probably spend all my time doing mini-challenges, but that's the way things roll.

What are your Readathon plans?



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...