Tuesday, September 11, 2012

BBAW: Interview with YA Book Nerd

BBAW button 2012

One of the favorite features of Book Blogger Appreciation Week is the interview swap! My interview partner this year is Jennifer from YA Book Nerd. Jennifer is a YA librarian and reads a ton of different books. Check out her blog and my interview here.

Jennifer from YA Book Nerd

Question 1: You write Austen fanfic. If Jane Austen lived today, what subject do you think she'd major in at university?
Jen: Probably English/writing, but I think she might minor in theater as she loved putting on plays with her family.
Question 2: What's your favorite bookmark? (Plus a picture if possible!)
Jen: I adore bookmarks. As a librarian, I purchase some, I make them, and authors send them to me. I love how unique each of them are. There are times when I use a princess bookmark if I'm reading a princess story or a food bookmark (maybe scratch and sniff) if I'm reading a book about food. This one, featuring the adult series of Sarah MacLean is gorgeous to the eye. Plus the texture is amazing. It's simply perfect. [Tasha: Sarah MacLean does have really nice bookmarks.]
bookmark

Question 3: If you could live in any era, which one would it be?
Jen: It's a toss up between Regency England and Renaissance Italy
Question 4: What's your favorite book of the year so far?
Jen: Tough question. The two that have stuck out most in my mind and I'm telling everyone to read are Grave Mercy and Throne of Glass.
Question 5: What is something that you would never, ever consider reading?
Jen: 50 Shades of Grey - it's just not my thing.
Question 6: If you could redesign the cover of your favorite book of all time using just one symbol, what would it be? (Question inspired by Picky Girl's post here.)
Jen: Hard to say, but I would choose a letter/note for the cover of Pride and Prejudice.
Question 7: You like to put fun facts at the end of some of your reviews. What's a fun fact about you that your regular readers might not know?
Jen: In the movie Sabrina, she quotes Gertrude Stein "America is my country and Paris is my hometown." I feel that way about Bath, England. I spent a semester in college there. It's been a little more than 10 years since I've been back but I'm hoping to go early next year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...