Sunday, April 27, 2014

Dewey Readathon Spring 2014 Wrap-Up



Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon has come and gone. After my last update, I spent about three hours cheering and responding to comments on my blog, then tried to read. Unfortunately, I was super tired. I sat down and the next thing I knew, it was 5:30 a.m. and I was literally waking up with my face in a book.

In other words, I did not complete my Readathon goal of finishing The Bookseller.

sad face
sigh

Anyway. Here's the end-of-event meme:

Which hour was most daunting for you?
The hour I fell asleep, I suppose.

Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I think The Bookseller would be a great choice. It's very fast-paced, not boring at all, and it's a book about books!

Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Andi and Heather did a great job this year! I think someone should make badges for people who actually last the full 24 hours, that's amazing.

What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
For me, myself, and I, I'm glad I started the day off with a solid 2 hours of reading instead of perusing mini challenges and visiting blogs like I usually do. It made me feel like I was accomplishing something right off the bat.

Consumables?
After the last update, I drank 2 glasses of champagne, 2 martinis, and ate a piece of baguette.

TV watched?
Orphan Black, The History of Science Fiction, and Matthew Bourne's production of Sleeping Beauty (which you would think would be really easy to ignore while reading, but in fact isn't).

If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
Pay attention to which blogs have a lot of x's next to them on the spreadsheet. lol

How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I probably won't be able to participate next time because I'll be working. But we'll see! I might try to do half a Readathon (or take the day off, haha).



Discus this post with me on Twitter, FaceBook, Google+ or in the comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...