Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sunday Snapshot Is Ready For Summer Already, Sheesh

In Sunday Snapshot I catch you up on all my weekly thingamadoings.

Who watches the Watchmen? Not this dog.


What I'm reading right this very moment:

A Case of Possession by KJ Charles–I like this book more than its predecessor, The Magpie Lord, which is saying a lot. Almost done!

The Melody Lingers On by Mary Higgins Clark–I'm reading this for a report for Bookspan. I don't know, the last time I read a MHC book was in middle school, so I'm not familiar with her work at all, but the writing's pretty bad, guys. Now I know why I only ever read one of her books.

Stolen Idols by E. Phillips Oppenheim–Who would have guessed Oppenheim would be so against the destruction of China's cultural heritage? Or, alternately, use an evil statue to justify bad behavior? THE STATUE DIDN'T MAKE IT YOU DO IT, DUDE.

Movies watched this week:

fifty shades of grey movie poster
Fifty Shades of Grey, starring Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan

The long and disturbing story of how a woman is gradually brainwashed into submitting to the goddamn patriarchy.

Really this movie is just dumb and turrible and I've already forgot everything that happened in it even though I only just watched it. No surprises there, of course.

Reviews in the queue:

I have to review that MHC book this week. Positively-ish.

oh god colbert gif


Books I haz reviewed:

I wrote a post on why I love KJ Charles' novels here, and I reviewed the very first mystery (supposedly) over at The Project Gutenberg Project.

This week's subscription boxes:

ipsy may glam bag


I got May's Ipsy Glam Bag on Thursday. Not too bad. The lipstick primer seems to work okay, and I always like getting makeup brushes. The sunscreen was awful, though, it was just a bunch of grease! I can't wear eyeliner, so I've no use for that item.

rocks box


I also got another Rocks Box on Saturday, which was kind of a pleasant surprise, as I was expecting to get it on Monday. The bracelet and necklace grew on me as I wore them, but the earrings... They're really too heavy for me, and a bit gaudy. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those boxes I send back quickly. But the great thing about Rocks Box: I can send it back and get new stuff!

Theme of the week:

Still had the Spring blahs this week (Ella Fitzgerald was right; Spring really does hang you up the most), but at least I got some posts written. I tend to get upset when I feel dismissed or unappreciated, but some(or all)times you just have to let it go and move on without ruminating on hurt feelings or pride.

Bonus:

I swear the guy who writes xkcd is a freaking genius. Here's his Emojic 8 Ball that answers all your questions–with emojis. I asked it if my dog was smart and it said :grenade: :temple rub: which I think means yes?


Have a great week, everyone!



Discus this post with me on Twitter, FaceBook, Google+ or in the comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...