Sunday, July 26, 2015

Sunday Snapshot for the Last Sunday of July


Currently reading:

The Tale of Genji by Murasaki Shikibu, Wouldn't It Be Deadly by DE Ireland, and more Ireland travel guides: Lonely Planet, Backroads Ireland, and Rough Guide.

Movies watched:

kingsman
Kingsman: The Secret Service, starring Colin Firth and Taron Egerton

James Bond crossed with Kill Bill, and a little My Fair Lady thrown in for good measure. Slightly too frenetic at times, but overall pretty entertaining. Loved Samuel L Jackson, loved Colin Firth, loved the puppies. Roxy is a terrible person. The end.

Subscription boxes:

scentbird


After the Scent Trunk fiasco, Andi convinced me to give Scentbird a try. Like Scent Trunk, you take a quiz about your style and scent preferences. Then they recommend some scents to try, or you can choose your own scents from their catalog. You get one scent per month with the option to buy a full bottle, and you can rate scents for better recommendations.

Scentbird was definitely an improvement over Scent Trunk. I picked Anna Sui's Forbidden Affair because the description said it, "tells a story of romance and intrigue, where a fun-loving and free-spirited princess can dream." A story of romance and intrigue with a princess? That has me written all over it! The perfume is a little too musky for me, but not too bad. I also really like their little perfume atomizer thingy. I'm willing to give this subscription a few more months and see what happens.

Theme of the week:

I spent most of the week doing research into Ireland for our trip. We already have our first hotel in Belfast booked! It's within walking distance of No Alibis Bookstore, because there's no way I'm leaving Belfast without stopping there. Also pretty stoked to see Brú na Bóinne and the Old Bushmills Distillery.

This is actually the first trip I've ever planned. Usually I just show up and see what happens. So, hopefully I don't make too many mistakes.

Bonus:



This is adorable: bookish hedgehogs of Instagram. You learn something new everyday.


Hope you all have a good week!



Discus this post with me on Twitter, FaceBook, Google+ or in the comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...