Sunday, November 8, 2015

Sunday Snapshot Shaken and Stirred


Currently reading:
Cold Hearted Rake by Lisa Kleypas: One doesn't generally imagine rakes to be as fiscally responsible as this guy is.
Unexplained!: I've never been so freaked out by kangaroos.
The Camel Club by David Baldacci: I like the parts with the Camel Club and Alex the Secret Service agent. All other parts are boring.

Posted: My review of The Marvels by Brian Selznick

Movies watched:
spectre
Spectre, starring Daniel Craig, Léa Seydoux, and Christoph Waltz

Not quite as good as Skyfall, although I loved the opening sequence in Mexico City and the Rome shots, including the car chase, were amazing. The easter eggs to classic James Bond books and movies were also fun, but one could argue there was too much of a nod to past films–overall the movie felt a little derivative. Léa Seydoux's wardrobe verged on the cartoonish: where is she getting all these locationally-appropriate clothes??? SHE HAS NO LUGGAGE.

Also (mild spoiler), I was somewhat disappointed the cool blonde didn't turn out to be evil. But still very enjoyable, classic Bond. Women, fast cars, bespoke suits, martinis, explosions. What more could a girl ask for?

Subscription boxes:

le tote


Another Le Tote this week, and I have to say the denim jacket is HOT. In a style sense. I like the purse in theory but still can't fit all my stuff in it (and I don't carry around a bunch of stuff).

This week in heidenkindom:
A laid back week, work wise, so I've been investing time in research and learning. I downloaded some apps to help teach myself Japanese and it is TOUGH. I'm not sure how much progress I'm actually going to make on my own. I also decided to try to dip my toes into learning Italian (again), which is fortunately much easier.



Other excitement included repeated visits from our new resident hawk! He is not afraid of humans AT ALL. He let us walk right up to him and take pics.

Bonus:
Would you rather have a husband or hat? On the evolution of the Ste. Catherine Spinster Bonnet.



Discus this post with me on Twitter, FaceBook, Google+ or in the comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...