Sunday, November 22, 2015

Sunday Snapshot


I'm struggling to get into the Sunday Snapshot mood today, guys. So let's just skip to the good parts.

Movies watched:


pitch perfect 2
Pitch Perfect 2, starring Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson

Such a disappointment. This movie is all over the place, kind of like, you know, when you have a mess and you apply something hot to it so it gets even messier. But what really bummed me out was the music–so boring!

I did enjoy seeing Snoop Dogg sing Winter Wonderland though.

mockingjay part 2
Mockingjay Part 2, starring Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson

I was nervous about seeing this, since the book enraged me to the point that I still want to burn it page by page. The movie is nearly exactly like the book, unfortunately, but less upsetting because part one happened a whole year ago, and who can remember that? Also, I felt like the themes were fleshed out better in the movie and there was less wallowing on Katniss' part. So: better than the book, not that that's much of a challenge.

This week in heidenkindom:

It's finally starting to feel holiday-ish around here. We had our first snow and I put on a sweater! Plus I want to just sit around eating and watching movies, which is like the definition of a holiday in my mind.

Bonus:

Given the events in Paris this week I thought it would be somewhat pertinent to share this article on the French national anthem, La Marseillaise. Most Americans don't realize what a bloodthirsty tune it is. I knew about the lyrics, of course, and the origins of the song; but I found the conflicted responses to the anthem by contemporary French people to be particularly interesting.

My favorite version of La Marseillaise is still Edith Piaf's. Who could avoid getting fired up listening to that?



Have a great week!


Discus this post with me on Twitter, FaceBook, Google+ or in the comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...