Sunday, April 24, 2016

Sunday Salon is Wrapping Up the Readathon

The first time I got to use my reading nook for the Readathon!

Currently reading:

Same as last week, pretty much, except I finally finished The Art Forger on audio and started Still Life by Louise Penny. I'm not sure this is the greatest book to listen to–there are a ton of characters and the narrator puts no effort into giving them their own "voice." I keep getting to confused as to who is whom.

Posted:

I wrote a review. I did not post it.

Movies watched:

sriracha doc
Sriracha, directed by Griffin Hammond

A short documentary about the famous hot sauce. Warning: you will want to have some sriracha after you watch this. It was pretty informative; I'd always thought of sriracha as an Asian import, but it was actually invented in California by a Chinese man who immigrated from Vietnam, and his story is pretty incredible.

Worth watching and the perfect length for what it is.

the katering show
The Katering Show, starring Kate McCartney and Kate McLennan

Okay, not a movie, but I had to include it. This is a webseries that satirizes reality cooking shows and it is hilaaaaarious. Definitely recommend it to all foodies!

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon Wrap-Up

Whelp, the Readathon was yesterday and TBH I didn't get that much reading done. Let's move on to the closing meme:


1) Which hour was most daunting for you?

Honestly, it seemed like every hour was daunting this time around.

2) Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?

I think Craig Johnson is good choice if you like mysteries. His books feel very past-paced.

3) Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season?

No?

4) What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?

I thought the Facebook page was great. Lots of activity and conversation.

5) How many books did you read?

ZERO.

6) What were the names of the books you read?

Not applicable.

7) Which book did you enjoy most?

nada

8) Which did you enjoy least?

wall punch

9) How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

I will if I can!

And final stats:

Read: About an hour of Still Life and 40 pages of As the Crow Flies.

Ate: A breakfast burrito, one coffee, three glasses of diluted apple cider vinegar, a "sausage sandwich" with green chiles, one cupcake, one vanilla milkshake, a turkey burger, and one snack of bread and cheese.

Non-bookish Activities: Watched ATK, went to lunch, did a wine tasting, and watched SNL and The Da Vinci Code.

Bonus:

Does expensive alcohol make a better cocktail? According to this highly scientific tasting, sometimes yes, but better to save your money.



Have a great week!





Discus this post with me on Twitter, FaceBook, Google+ or in the comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...