Sunday, June 5, 2016

Sunday Snapshot is Going Outside!


After I finish this post.

Currently reading:

The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater: That bromance is way more serious than I thought.
The Passion of the Purple Plumeria by Lauren Willig: The fact that this is such a long-running series quite frankly confuses me at this point, but I'm enjoying it.

Movies watched:

money monster
Money Monster, starring George Clooney, Kyle Budwell, and Julia Roberts

Lee Gates' financial show, Money Monster, is more about making noise than providing real information about Wall Street. But all that changes when apparent Southie Jack O'Connell takes him hostage and demands answers for Gates' poor financial advice.

This is a "thriller with a message," and for the most part I liked it. But honestly the message is so muddled, and the way the script plays out is so unrealistic, that by the end it's kind of a dud. Also, George Clooney is way too inherently charming to play a sleazy Jim Cramer type. Was Paul Giamatti super busy making Centurylink commercials or what? On the plus side, I will say that Julia Roberts does a FANTASTIC job.

for grace
For Grace, directed by Mark Helenowski and Kevin Pang

This foodie documentary purports to follow the opening of famous Chicago chef Curtis Duffy's new restaurant, Grace. But actually it's more about Duffy, overcoming obstacles, and finding family.

When I read Candace's review of this movie at Beth Fish Reads, she warned me I would cry. But I was like, "Pshaw, I'm an emotional rock. I'm not going to cry over some schmancy fancy chef's restaurant."

ugly cry gif


Yeah, you're gonna cry. And if you are or have been a teacher, you will UGLY cry. I'm talking snot running down your down your nose, hiccupping, puffy eyes, the whole bit.

I guess what I'm saying here is don't watch this while you're commuting on the train. But do watch it.

This week[s] in heidenkindom:

Hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend! (If you live in the US. If not, I hope you had a good regular weekend.) Mine was pretty nice. The power kept going out, which meant I absolutely could not work on anything and had to spend a bunch of time outside. Woohoo!

I love this time of year. I love going outside and feeling like I'm walking into a furnace. I know, I'm weird.

Bonus:

Anyway, the one big project I've been working on the past two weeks that I want to share with y'all is my cocktail book, The Introvert's Guide to Drinking Alone, is now available for preorder on Amazon. w00t w00t! The scheduled release date is June 27th. Take a peek at it if you wanna.

the introvert's guide to drinking alone cover


Have an excellent week, everyone!



Discus this post with me on Twitter, FaceBook, Google+ or in the comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...