Sunday, November 20, 2016

Sunday Snapshot

Kiyomizu-Dera, Kyoto

Currently Reading:

The Chocolate Temptation by Laura Florand: Hygge reread!

Real Food/Fake Food by Larry Olmsted: This book is making me paranoid about everything.

Movies:

girl on a bicycle
Girl on a Bicycle, starring Vincenzo Amato and Louise Monot

Paolo, an Italian, just proposed to his longtime girlfriend, Greta (she's German, in case you couldn't guess by the name), only to be captivated by a French woman riding a bicycle on the streets of Paris. When he accidentally hits said woman with a tour bus, he becomes embroiled in her life, all while trying to maintain his relationship with his fiance.

This movie is like the European Union in romantic comedy form. In other words, a complete mess. I'm talking twenty car pile-up on the interstate during rush hour level of disaster here. Odie Henderson of RogerEbert.com called it, "the worst romantic comedy I have ever seen," and I'm somewhat tempted to agree, although I feel like I have seen worse. Can't remember what they were at the moment, though. Anyway, I fell asleep about an hour in and that's probably for the best.

This week in heidenkindom:

Not much going on this week. I finished up a bunch of writing assignments that were due and did some half-hearted Thanksgiving shopping. Oh, and I shopped for auto insurance. The thrills just keep on coming.

Bonus:

I feel like you guys deserve a bonus after that blah description of my week, so how about an adult "coloring" book illustrated by Walter Crane??


Have a hella fantastic week and a yummy Thanksgiving, everyone!




Discus this post with me on Twitter, FaceBook, Google+ or in the comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...