Sunday, December 31, 2017

Sunay Snapshot is Getting Ready for a New Year

champagne gif
Visual approximation of current plans.

Currently reading:

Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie: The first Miss Marple book. Not what I was expecting, but Richard Grant is doing a fantastic job narrating the audiobook.

Truth or Beard by Penny Reid: Almost finished! Thank god.

Posted:

A reading list for those of us who want to get more vegetables and whole grains into our diet. Plus my 2017 Reading Round-Up.

Happy New Year!

I hope you all have a safe and fun New Year's Eve! I have a bottle of bubbly on ice and ambitious plans to crush the whole damn thing.

drink gif


Since it is that time of year, I've been thinking about my New Year's Resolutions. Last year my resolutions were to exercise more (how creative), pay off credit cards and save money, practice languages, and finish The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. I totally failed on the last one, but marginally succeeded on the others. This year I'd like to:

Save money for Paris: According to Rick Steves, one should budget about $140 per day for a Paris vacation, not including the hotel room. This seems like a lot, but better to err on the side of overestimating I guess. Hopefully I'll get a tax refund (??? who really knows at this point) and that will help to fund the trip in addition to saving money.

Write more better: 2017 was not awesome for the writing career. I lost two of my regular clients and didn't have enough time to hustle for new clients to replace them. I think it's probably a good time to reevaluate and refocus and inject some new energy into writing.

Eat more plants: According to a documentary I watched on Netflix, a plant-based diet can cure everything from heart disease to dandruff. I know we all have to die of something, but I'd rather it not be dandruff.



Do you have any New Year Resolutions?

Happy New Year to all, and as the Germans say, Glück soll uns das neue Jahr gestalten und wir bleiben hoffentlich die alten.

champagne in a shoe



Discus this post with me on Twitter, FaceBook, Google+ or in the comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...