Sunday, November 15, 2015

Sunday Snapshot Is Loving All the Books!

Another visit from our hawk friend. I think I'm going to name him Martimus. Is Martimus a proper name for a hawk?

Currently reading:



Posted:

My bookish guide to travel in Dublin on Book Riot. Bookstores! Awesome libraries! Museums!

Subscription boxes:

ipsy glam bag


November's Ipsy Glam Bag was pretty fair. I actually liked the bag more than I thought I would based on the fabric. The highlight trio is fantastic and I adore the eyeshadow. The brush isn't too shabby either. As for the mascara and hairspray, which I'll probably never use... well, nothing's perfect.

rocks box


This week's Rocks Box was something of a surprise. I thought I'd love the earrings, but they're just okay. On the other hand, the moon pendant necklace is too cute! Love it.

The week in heidenkindom:

I had a fantastic reading week this past week! First I finished Cold Hearted Rake by Lisa Kleypas–awful and inaccurate title, but still loved it. Kleypas can really tell a great story when she puts her mind to it. I stayed up until 6:30am two nights in a row reading it, and cannot wait for the next book. So much excitement!

Then I started Dinner Most Deadly by Sheri Cobb Smith, which was absolutely DELIGHTFUL. The mystery was completely silly, of course, but in a charming, wink-at-Agatha-Christie sort of way. The real drama came from Lady Julia Fieldhurst and her thankless beaux, John Pickett. SO MUCH DRAMA. I did roll my eyes unto the heavens at the conclusion, but other than that I adored this book. Chalk up another night spent reading until sunrise.

After that, I decided to change it up a bit with a fantasy, A Darker Shade of Magic. Another major page turner. I fell in love with the main character immediately because he has an awesome coat. Anyway, I haven't stayed up quite so late reading this one, yet, because I was getting pretty tired. But the weekend is still young.

Bonus:

I think we can all agree online privacy is important. But how to achieve that while still sharing the stuff you want to? Mr. NSA himself, Edward Snowden, gives some basic tips in this incredibly informative interview at The Intercept (and everything he mentions is all really easy to download and use).



Discus this post with me on Twitter, FaceBook, Google+ or in the comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...