Truth, Beauty, Freedom, and Books is currently accepting, at my own discretion, e- and print-ARCs, -galleys, and -books for review consideration from publicists, authors, agents, etc. You may contact me via my contact form or by e-mail. Please keep in mind:
- I only respond to offers that interest me.
- My eReader is a Kindle Paperwhite, so please only send me Kindle-compatible files (.mobi).
- I write for several publications, both online and off-, and may choose to write about a book I receive for those publications instead of, or in addition to, Truth Beauty Freedom and Books.
- Please be aware that I do not commit to review any book I receive (the one exception being blog tours), and I do not promise to write about any book in a positive way.
- If you schedule a blog tour with me, I require at least a week from when I receive the book, by e-mail or snail mail, to the scheduled date of the review. If I don't receive the book at least 7 days before the post is scheduled, I will consider the agreed upon posting date null and void. I cannot guarantee I will reschedule.
That being said, most of the books I review are from either the library, loaned to me by friends or family, or books I bought myself. It should be assumed everything I review was obtained in this fashion unless expressly stated otherwise within the review.
Once I have finished reading a book for review, I donate it to my local library, give it to a fellow blogger or friend, or delete it (in the case of eBooks).
As of 2012, I no longer post affiliate links or ads on my blog. There may be posts from previous years with affiliate links in them, but these accounts have been closed and I no longer receive compensation through them.
All of my reviews are the personal opinions of someone who reads for pleasure in her free time. I do not review books by any authors with whom I might have a personal connection, either online or in person.
For giveaways on Truth Beauty Freedom and Books, I sometimes collect information about my blog readers. Required information is only what I need to know in order to contact winners and provide them with their prize. I may ask for other information, but only on a completely voluntary basis.
Any and all information collected is kept completely private. It is never sold or shared with a third party, unless said party is involved in the giveaway (i.e., the item is being shipped by a publisher or author, etc.). After a month, all information collected in relation to giveaways is deleted. If you would like me to delete your information before this date, simply send me a request via e-mail. Be sure to mention what giveaway you entered!
Guest posters receive no material or monetary compensation, and as such retain all rights and liability attached to their posts. I do not alter or reproduce guest post material without permission.
I appreciate and read every comment to my blog. I do not moderate comments except in cases where I judge the comment to be either spam or trolling. I define trolling as comments 1. that do not reference the topic of the post at all, and 2. whose only purpose is to antagonize. In cases where I do delete trolling comments, I will add a note explaining why I have done so.
Disqus (my commenting system) sometimes automatically moderates comments; I review these comments and approve them if they are not spam.