Hey, everyone! As promised, here I am, up at the crack of noon (technically 11:30) and rarin' to go.
Let's get started with the opening meme for today's Readathon:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Hmm, maybe The 100 Foot Journey?
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I didn't prep any snacks. :( I guess the leftover sandwich I was going to eat for lunch? I wish I'd made something ahead for breakfast, like this baked omelet in bread from Full Fork Ahead, but I didn't. Oh well. Next time.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
As of last night I'm one of the new digital editors for my local indie mag! Hooray! It's very part-time—20 hours a week at most; I'll probably work more like 10—but I'm happy to get some newsroom and editing experience under my belt.
Also, back to having 3 jobs! Yayyyyyyyy?
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
Well, I hope to actually finish a book this time around, if not 2! I'm debating whether to try to finish my current read, The Genius and the Muse, before moving on to one of my Readathon books. It's kind of boring and I was actually just using it as a placeholder until I could start a new book for the Readathon, but last night it got marginally interesting. Idk. Maybe I'll just skim through it.
And now I'm off to read for awhile, barring distractions from Twitter and Facebook. See you all in a few!
Discus this post with me on Twitter, FaceBook, Google+ or in the comments below.