Sunday, November 8, 2009

TSS: Angelic Edition

The Sunday Salon.com

So, it's Sunday. And you know what that means.

Here's what I read this past week in November:
Not bad for me! Of course, technically I only read one complete book this week, since I started Prehistoric Art a few weeks ago... but let's not focus on technical details, kay?

angel button

Announcing--Angel Month!

Have you noticed a proliferation of angel-themed books lately? Well, I have. I even have a few in my TBR pile. So I've decided to do a totally scientific (haha) analysis of whether or not angels are the new vampires. This may actually be easier than I think it will be, since several well-known vampire writers have just released angel-centric novels. I decided to make a reading theme for myself this month and read all the books I have in my TBR that are angel-related:
  • Hush, Hush (actually on order from the library, so hopefully I'll get it by December)
  • Fallen (the one by Thomas E Sniegoski, not Lauren Kate (note to self, do a comparison of all novels with the title of Fallen))
  • Covet
  • Meridian
Of course, at the rate I read, it'll take me a good month and a half to read these four books, but I'm going to give it a go anyway. I'm also thinking of doing some special angel-related posts in honor of Angel Month. And if you have any good angel-themed books to recommend, please don't hesitate! (As long it's not an angel banging a mermaid, please--I have to draw a line somewhere. ~_^)

Fun Stuff!

book blogger holiday swap

And speaking of angels... (pause for awkward segway), the holiday season approaches. And that means presents! Enter, the Book Blogger Holiday Swap. It's a secret santa for book bloggers. I think it's a great idea, and I hope all of you join and that I get matched with one of you so I can send you a present. ^_^

Secondly, the dates for the third Mystery Readathon have been scheduled as January 16th-17th, 2010. I had tons of fun with the Mystery Readathon in August, so I'm definitely looking forward to it for January.

I've also decided to join the Women Unbound challenge--but I will post more about that later.

Finally, updating my own reading challenge, M from Alberti's Window talks about The Challenge of the Avant-Garde by Paul Wood and her particular interest in Caillebotte's (Impressionist painter) domestic scenes and how they relate to modernity. It's not exactly a review so much as a thoughtful response, and it's an excellent post. Check it out, and have a lovely week!


Powered by ScribeFire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...