Friday, April 25, 2014

Time for the Readathon!

24 readathon button

This Saturday is Dewey's Readathon, what I like to think of as the Superbowl for bibliophiles. The challenge, should you choose to accept it, is read until your eyes bleed, bitches. Since I wasn't able to join in for the last Readathon, and probably won't be able to for the next one, I decided I needed to do it this time around even though I'm woefully unprepared. Missing one Readathon really threw me off my Readathon game, it feels like.

Book stack:
I really never manage to read a lot during the Readathon (ironically enough), so my book stack is pretty modest. I plan to finish The Bookseller by Mark Pryor. If that happens, I might dig into a Laura Florand novel or an ARC of the next Craig Johnson novel. I also have Jane, the Fox, and Me if my concentration goes all to hell.

In audiobooks, I'll be working on The Port of Missing Men even though I'm not that into/kind of starting to hate it.

Food and drink:
Just like with the Superbowl, food and drink is a big part of the Readathon. This will probably shock you, but I have plenty of alcohol around for the Readathon. I have a new champagne I want to try, some new beer that I got (purely for research purposes of course), and the basic ingredients for margaritas and other very reader-y cocktails. Question: what's the most literary cocktail? I should make that. Oh, I also made cold brewed iced tea.

As for food... cold pizza? Popcorn? Maybe someone will feed me.

Cheering:
This year I decided to be a cheerleader for the first time! I'm excited.

Game plan:
My plan is to wake up whenever I want (so, late), chillax while I have my breakfast, and then start reading late morning. Early afternoon I'm going to cheer, then go back to reading with a break for TV and dinner in the evenink.

I really don't see myself finishing a whole a book, but we'll see! As Amy Poehler says, lower your expectations.

amy poehler lower your expectations

And with that cheerful thought, good luck to everyone on this Readathon!



Discus this post with me on Twitter, FaceBook, Google+ or in the comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...