Sunday, May 31, 2015

Sunday Snapshot–Sunday Sunny Sunday

Sunday Snapshot gives me something to write about when I can't think of anything else. Let me know how your week went in the comments!

Cowabunga squirrel is going for the gold.


What I'm reading right this very moment:

The Mystery Writers of America Cookbook: I ordered this at the library because it sounded pretty darn awesome. See Beth Fish's and Wordsmithonia's reviews if you don't believe me. Anyway, I didn't have a chance to read it and then NATURALLY someone put a hold on it so I had to return it to the library. This book wouldn't even BE at the library if it wasn't for me! Long story short: I gave in and bought a copy.

Hearts of Fire by LH Cosway: I almost DNF'd this, tbh. But now that I'm about 1/3rd in it's getting a lot more interesting.

Movies watched this past week:

greenwich village: music that defined a generation
Greenwich Village: Music That Defined a Generation, directed by Laura Archibald

I loves me some folk music, and I thought my mom deserved a break after I forced her to watch all those art documentaries last week. This one was really good. I miiiiight have fallen asleep during on the last half hour, but still. Very interesting. Love all vintage footage of Joni Mitchell and Mama Cass.

san andreas poster
San Andreas, starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Carla Gugino, and Alexandra Daddario (as well as Ioan Gruffudd with a very dodgy American accent)

The story of two English tourists who experience the worst America has to offer and resolve to return to the UK–where there are no earthquakes, tsunamis, tornadoes, or wildfires–poste-haste.

Disaster movies aren't really my jam. This one wasn't too bad, however. Sure, it was completely predictable and there was every stock character known to man aside from the old drunk who DGAF, but the special effects were good and I think the script was better than average by disaster movie standards.

Reviews posted:

No reviews. I did write an introduction for Armchair BEA, but that's about it.

Subscription boxes received this week:

rocks box #5


Another Rocks Box. That was a quick turnover, eh? I'm a little confused as to why they keep sending me stud earrings (these are super super tiny, like the size I wore when I was eight) and gold jewelry instead of silver, but whatever. I do like the bracelet/ring thing (here's a pic of what it looks like when you wear it), but the chain catches on Sofie's fur, which is kind of a deal breaker.

I also signed up for a new subscription service. I'm pretty durned excited about this one! Stay tuned next week to find out what it is.

Theme of the week:

It seemed like this week went by really fast. I don't take holidays because I'm a freelancer, but the three-day weekend still threw me off. I kept thinking it was June because Memorial Day is usually the last weekend of May, and then Armchair BEA completely snuck up on me because it felt like it was Tuesday instead of Wednesday.

All the books I got rid of. Probably only about 1/3rd of what I owned.


Anyway, not a lot of writing done this week, but I did gird my loins and go through my books in step two of the Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up process. I kept the majority of my books and now I feel like I should have gotten rid of more of them (?). I guess I can always do that if I need to. Next up are papers! Papers, papers, everywhere, and not a pen to use.

I also ran into a MAJOR snafu on the website I've been building for the gun store for the past five months. I think/hope it's been smoothed out, but Thursday did not make me happy.

Bonus:

Remember when I had that giveaway for Gone Reading last year? If you'd still like a $25 giftcard to try the site out, I'm running another giveaway for it over at Book Bloggers International as part of Armchair BEA. The winner will be chosen on Friday, June 5th. They do ship internationally to select countries.



Have a great week, everyone!




Discus this post with me on Twitter, FaceBook, Google+ or in the comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...