Sunday, October 18, 2015

Readathon Wrap-Up

readathon

Not much happened after my mid-Readathon update. I was more or less completely derailed after watching Doctor Who. Then I fell asleep because I'm still adjusting to US time and not up to my usual night owl ways.

Anyway, on to the mid-event survey:

Which hour was most daunting for you?

I wasn't daunted by any hour.

Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?

Yes, The Unfortunate Decisions of Dahlia Moss was PERFECT for the Readathon. Very fast-paced and high energy, and unusual enough to keep me engaged. Imagine The Big Bang Theory with crime and you have a good idea of what this book is like.

How many books did you read?

I read five books but only finished one.

What were the names of the books you read?


  • Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning
  • The Thing from the Lake by Eleanor M Ingram
  • Love and Shenanigans by Zara Keane
  • Irish Girl by Jeannette something or other
  • The Unfortunate Decisions of Dahlia Moss


Which book did you enjoy most?

Probably a toss up between Darkfever and Unfortunate Decisions.

Which did you enjoy least?

Irish Girl did not do anything for me whatsoever.

If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?

N/A

How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

I don't know. I felt very isolated during this Readathon. Interacting with other readers/bloggers is my favorite part of the 'Thon and that was next to nonexistent this time around. It definitely wasn't as much fun as previous Readathons have been, not that that's necessarily the Readathon's fault (although I did sign up for cheerleaders and seem to have gotten lost in the spreadsheets).



Discus this post with me on Twitter, FaceBook, Google+ or in the comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...