Friday, August 7, 2009

Awards--Spreading the Love

Some very lovely people have given me awards, but I haven't had a chance to post about it before now.  Also, I was a little unclear about the blogging etiquette (bloggiquette?) for awards and I wasn't sure if I should be passing them on or not.  But I've decided to just do it anyway.

Lovely Blog

I got the One Lovely Blog Award from Rebecca at Lost In Books.  This was my first award!  Rebecca is so sweet.  Sarah from Monkey Bear Reviews also gave me this award, which was very nice of her.  Since Sarah passed this award on to five blogs she'd recently discovered, I'm going to do the same:
  1. Alberti's Window--A blog all about art history.  Very very interesting with lots of great, fun information!  Also, M is a Lost fanatic, so there are a lot of posts about art in Lost, too.
  2. The Biblio Brat--Very well-written (and well-designed) blog with great posts concerning literary issues.
  3. Life at the Narrow End of the Bell-Shaped Curve--I actually heard about this blog on Sarah's site.  It's not updated very often, but it does have great posts.
  4. books i done read--I'm not sure why it took me so long to find Raych's blog, but it's pretty freaking hilarious.  Her post on VC Andrews' Dawn had me rotflmaoing for nearly an hour after I read it.  I am easily amused, though.
  5. Books and Movies--Books and movies, two of my favorite things!
humane award

Rebecca from Lost In Books also gave me the Humane Award.  Here's what the award's about:

The Humane Award is to honor certain bloggers that I feel are kindhearted individuals. They regularly take part in my blog and always leave the sweetest comments. If it wasn't for them, my site would just be an ordinary book review blog. Their blogs are also amazing and are tastefully done on a daily basis. I thank them and look forward to our growing friendships through the blog world.

Thank you so much, Rebecca!  I'd like to pass this award on to:
heartfelt award



Rebecca from Lost In Books also gave me the Heartfelt Award.  In case you are wondering, Rebecca is a very generous blogger and passes awards on to lots of people, not just me (haha).  This award is about...

Do you reach for a cup of cocoa or tea when you're relaxing, seeking comfort, sharing a plate of cookies with family and freinds? You know the feeling you get when you drink a yummy cup of cocoa, tea, or a hot toddy? That is what the Heartfelt Award is all about, feeling warm inside. Rules: Put the logo on your blog/post. Nominate up to to 9 blogs which make you feel comfy or warm inside. Be sure to link your nominees within your post. Let them know that they have been nominated by commenting on their blog. Remember to link to the person from whom you received your award.

I would love to pass this award along.  Here are blogs I'm giving it to:
  • Caspette from The Narrative Casualty--Has wonderful, fun reviews of YA books that I love to read.
  • Meghan from Medieval Bookworm--I always read and usually comment on her posts, even if the book is something that I would never read.  I just enjoy reading her reviews so much!
  • I Heart Monster--I heart her style of reviewing, which is really fun.  She's way more forgiving with books than I am, too. ;)
  • Evangelineh from Edwardian Promenade--Y'all know what a geek I am about the nineteenth century.  Evangelineh has great posts on the Edwardian Era (late 19th Cent.) that I always learn something from.
  • Nymeth from Things Mean a Lot--Things do mean a lot.  I love the title and look of this blog, and I love Nymeth's always-thoughtful posts and reviews.  
  • Ayce from At Home With Books--Alyce hosts one of my favorite memes, My Favorite Reads.  What could be more comforting that sharing your favorite reads from the past with other people?

let's be friends award

Colette, whose name I am always mispelling (sorry), and who writes the blog A Buckeye Girl Reads, gave me the Let's Be Friends Award.  This award is for...

Blogs that receive the Let’s Be Friends Award are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers.

What a great award!  Thank, you Colette!  You're the kewlest. ^_^  I am definitely passing this award back to you and to:
  • Rebecca from Lost in Books, of course!  As I mentioned before, she gave me my first blog award, is a very generous blogger, and encouraged me to start my first blogging challenge (to be revealed soon... ooooh!). 
  • Rebekkah from One Literature Nut--Becky is my official blogging buddy (I should make her a badge or something for that ~_^) and is a great and supportive blogger.  She's also really fun to chat with on twitter.
  • Ruth from Booktalk & More--Ruth and I share a love of Mystery!, Primeval, and The Slipper and the Rose.  I love reading her reviews and she's always adding books to my TBR pile.
  • Sarah from Monkey Bear Reviews!  Her blog is honestly one of my favorites, with really well-written posts all about books and publishing.  Plus we both disliked Don't Tempt Me. :D

kreativ blogger

Finally, this week I received the Kreativ Blogger Award from Sarah at Monkey Bear Reviews, Orannia at Walkabout, and Stacy from Stacy's Place On Earth.  Wow, thank you guys!  The Kreativ Rules state that:

Once you receive this award you are to list seven of your favorite things and then nominate seven other blogs.

Seven of my favorite things are:
  1. Reading in my backyard
  2. Cake (om nom nom nom nom)
  3. Playing with my my mom's dog
  4. Miso soup
  5. The smell of turpentine and ink (printing)
  6. Being sick so I can lay on the couch and watch movies all day without feeling lazy.
  7. The Colbert Report (uh, yeah, I was having trouble thinking of a seventh thing)
The seven blogs I would like to pass this award on to are:
  1. Vasilly from 1330v
  2. Robyn from This is me...
  3. Pam at Bookalicious (great title for a book blog, btw)
  4. Jessica from Racy Romance Reviews
  5. Violet from Violet Crush
  6. Drea at Book Blather
  7. And last but definitely not least, Mandi at Smexy Books!


Thank you for the awards, everyone.  It's so nice to know people enjoy reading what I type up in the wee hours of the morning.  I love talking about books, movies, and TV shows with you all.  The book blogging community is so amazingly generous and fun to be a part of, so thank you to everyone who visits my blog or who I chat with on twitter for being so welcoming.

If you haven't checked out any of these blogs yet (all 27 of them), I definitely recommend them!


Powered by ScribeFire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...