Monday, August 10, 2009

Mystery Read-a-Thon Wrap-Up

mystery head Image by | spoon |

The Mystery Read-A-Thon is concluded!  I read for about 11 hours and got through 400-ish pages.  Not very much, but that's the way it rolls.  The two books I read during the readathon were The Firemaker by Peter May (review to be written post-haste) and Oracles of Delphi Keep by Victoria Laurie.  So far Oracles of Delphi is better than The Firemaker, although I'm just at the beginning of the former.

While I didn't accomplish everything I wanted to during the readathon, I did really enjoy spending the weekend devoting a huge chunk of my time to reading.  I wish every weekend was a readathon!  I also learned how little time I actually spend reading these days, in between everything going on at home, the internets, etc.  No wonder I've been depressed lately!  I really do think I need to resolve to read more, because even though The Firemaker was not the greatest book in the world (to say the least), I still enjoyed just sitting and reading it and being transported to another place.  So I'm definitely going to make an effort to read without interruptions from now on.

There isn't much I would change about this readathon, except maybe make it easier for each of the marathoners to keep tabs on one another.  I definitely hope I get a chance to participate in it next time.
 


Powered by ScribeFire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...