Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Angel Month Wrap-Up

angel button

Angels really are everywhere these days, as I discovered during my month-long angel reading blitz.  I read four books:
I thought reading four books might force me to read a fifth in order to break a tie, but it didn't happen--angels are not the new vampires.  Go back to your lives, citizens.

During the course of reading these novels, I think I've discovered angel books are already developing their own tropes.  One of the major ones is the angel being a total jerk, but the woman unable to resist his attraction.  You know that movie Angel and the Badman?  Well, in most of these books the angel is the badman.  In fact, I don't think any of these books has an angel that is completely good, and most of them are outright bad.  Is it because good=boring?  Or is it symbolic of how corrupted humanity is?

Overall, I enjoyed Angel Month.  But I think I'm going to be avoiding any more angel books for a while--I'm totally burned out on them at this point.


Powered by ScribeFire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...