Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Art History Challenge

HAHC button

I knew I forgot something when I vlogged a few weeks ago, and I finally remembered what it was--my art history challenge! I have at last decided on a theme for my own reading (I know, it only took a few months).

Considering that studying art is my profession, a surprisingly small number of art pieces have genuinely moved me. The really sad thing is, I know very little about the aforementioned art works and the artists who created them, beyond the fact that they are the awesome. Hence, I'm going to dedicate the rest of my reading for this challenge to those pieces and artists.

Here's my list:
  • The Birth of Venus by Sandro Botticelli
  • Mary Magdalene by Donatello
  • The Transfiguration by Raphael
  • St. Peter's Cathedral, Rome
That's not very many, is it? I might throw in the Chapel of the Magi in the Palazzo Medici just because I actually have a book about that on hand that I've been meaning to read.

I'll post more about my experiences seeing the art works in person once I start reading the books.


Have you ever been deeply moved by a work of art?


Powered by ScribeFire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...