Wednesday, February 17, 2016

#BBAW–Bestest and Most Memorable Book Recommendations of All Blogging Time

donald trump minions

Day three of Book Bloggers Appreciation Week, brought to you by the Estella Society, brings us back to books and the ones we've read because of other bloggers. This is a pretty long list of books for me, personally, so I've decided to narrow it down to the most memorable recommendations I've received. Let the backlinking begin!

the princess and the penis
Book 1: The Princess and the Penis by RJ Silver
Recommended by: Penny from Penny Romance
Penny's given me a lot of good recommendations over the years, but this is by far my favorite. I mean, why else would you buy a book with this title unless someone insisted you should? It's a lot better and more charming than you think it will be.

the chocolate touch
Book 2: The Chocolate Touch by Laura Florand
Recommended by: Kelly from Reading with Analysis
I loooooooooooooooooooooove this book. Love! Like, if I could imagine the perfect book for me, it would have everything that's in this book.

wicked lovely
Book 3: Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
Recommended by: Candace from Beth Fish Reads
Continues to be my favorite audiobook of all time. The narrator, Alyssa Bresnahan, is ahmaaaaaaaayyyzing.

mind fuck
Book 4: Mind Fuck by Manna Francis
Recommended by: Kris from Kris 'n' Good Books (blog is no longer with us)
This is a perfect example of a book that would have never, ever, crossed my radar if it hadn't been for blogger recommendations.

the man in lower ten
Book 5: The Man in Lower Ten by Mary Roberts Rinehart
Recommended by: Melody from Redeeming Qualities (great name for a book blog, by the way)
This was the second book I read for The Project Gutenberg Project, and I LOVED it. It was the ideal way to kick off a new blog.

the magpie lord
Book 6: The Magpie Lord by KJ Charles
Recommended by: Anachronist from Portable Pieces of Thought
I think you'd have to have a heart of stone not to find Charles' books charming and fun. I love her characters and her settings, even when the plot drags a bit.





That's just a small selection of the fabulous recommendations I've received, of course. Thank you to everyone who recommended a book to me that I enjoyed!





Discus this post with me on Twitter, FaceBook, Google+ or in the comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...