Today's topic for Book Blogger Appreciation Week is, "What does book blogging mean to you?" Well, obviously there's the money and fame, but really I do it for the little people. KIDDING.
To me book blogging means:
- Spend hours torturing myself writing posts trying to explain how I feel about a book.
- Search Google for a fluff topic to write about in order to put off writing said reviews.
- Agonize over which LOLcat to put in the fluff post.
- Yell at Blogger for various reasons:
- Their WYSIWYG editor, which only works properly about half the time.
- Captcha on comments.
- Pages that don't load correctly. Or at all.
- Once that's finished, try to think of an opinion post to write in order to avoid writing reviews.
- Give up, get a drink and go watch TV.
- Visit other blogs. Also to avoid writing reviews.
- Read about some great books on other blogs.
- Order books from library.
- Bite the bullet and write the review.
- Edit review.
- Reread review, edit it some more.
- Realize more editing isn't going to help. Also: tired.
- Publish review.
- Try not to stare broodingly at e-mail waiting for comments.
- Finally, GO READ MOAR BOOKS!
The stuff about Blogger is all true, though.