Sunday, March 22, 2015

Sunday Snapshot and Spring is Here!

Sunday Snapshot is a summary of my weekly exploits, bookish and non. What's your week been like?

flower


This week was better than last, productivity-wise. The reason will become apparent post-haste!

What I'm reading right now:
The 4-Hour Workweek, by Timothy Ferriss (library book)
I started this book very skeptical, but there's tons of great advice here. It's not so much about making money as working as efficiently as possible so that you can do what you want and have fun. I'm a proponent for having fun.
Roulette, by Megan Mulry (ebook)
I know a bunch of bloggers love this book, even though I can't remember who specifically recommended it at the moment. Anyway, the recommendations are on target-it's pretty good!

Movies watched this past week:
The Gunman, starring Sean Penn, Javier Bardem, and Jasmine Trinca
Three thoughts: 1) Sean Penn's been working out. Way, way too much. 2) I love it when there's one female character in the whole movie and she's basically a bone for the hero and villains to fight over. That's my favorite. 3) Hand wounds are lethal! I kept waiting for someone to mutter, "Out, out damn spot."

Subscription boxes received this week:

rocks box

I got my Rocks Box on Monday and I have to say I'm pretty happy with it! I think this service is totally worth it. The jewelry items are ones I'd never pick out for myself but I've fallen in love with them, and the necklace goes with so many of my outfits.

bulu box


I also got my Bulu Box, which I'd totally forgot about ordering. This is a sign I should pull back on the subscription boxes, no doubt. Bulu was better than I thought it would be-I like the Allergease, which are basically fancy Ricolas. Haven't tried any of the other stuff yet but it all looks healthful and useful.

Reviews in the Queue:
Supermind by Mark Phillips

Theme of the week:
A few weeks ago, I decided I wanted to lose five pounds. A measly five pounds. This is the first time in my life I've actively tried to lose weight and it's infuriating! I lost three pounds the first week-great-but now I've gained it all back and I've been doing the exact same things. WTF?!

Bonus:
I've been thinking a lot about my favorite songs this week. There are a half dozen songs that I think of almost like talismans: Tequila Sunrise, What's New, Besame Mucho, Poncho and Lefty, U Got it Bad, and Coming Up (which is my personal theme song). What are your favorite songs?















Discus this post with me on Twitter, FaceBook, Google+ or in the comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...