Sunday, March 29, 2015

Sunday Snapshot for the End of March

In Sunday Snapshot, I summarize my week in blogging, reading, puppy dogs, subscription boxes, and movies. Let me know what your week was like!

american flag and mountains
'Merica.
What I'm reading right now:

Didn't get a lot of reading done this week. I did finish The 4-Hour Workweek yesterday. I'm still reading Roulette, and I started The Notting Hill Mystery by Charles Warren Adams–supposedly the first British mystery ever published–on Thursday.

Movies watched this past week:

into the woods movie
Into the Woods, starring every person ever.

The first half was fun and delightful and I loved the music. The second half felt really long, boring, and pointless (which also happens to be my opinion of the book), and left a bunch of loose threads. Like, what happened to Rapunzel and her prince? Where did the witch go? Is divorce allowed in the kingdom?

I did love Emily Blunt and Anna Kendrick, though. They were amazing in this.






Reviews in the queue:

Supermind by Mark Phillips and The Gold Bag by Carolyn Wells (I have to complain about this one. I just have to).

Reviews posted this past week:

The Sculptor by Scott McCloud–The fact that the ending of this book made me want to throw myself off a bridge and yet I still recommend it should tell you all you need to know about how great it is.

Subscription boxes received this week:

I don't think I got any boxes this week...

Oh wait! I lied, I did one. haha I got a box of four different artisan coffees from Mistobox.

mistobox

The coffees were incredibly tasty, but they came in whole bean instead of ground. Since I didn't have a coffee grinder, I had to buy one. UHG. Kinda wish they'd mentioned that on their website. Other than that it was a good experience, although pricey (boxes start at $20 and go all the way up to $200!!).

purple flower


Theme of the week:

This week was actually pretty stressful. I think you can probably figure out why from my Day in the Life post. In addition to dealing with family issues, I was completely blindsided by a deadline. Like: "Oh, we go to print on Wednesday, didn't I tell you? No? Well try to have that 2500-word article in by Tuesday!" Uhhhhg. Good thing I usually start writing articles early anyway.

reading
Reading The 4-Hour Workweek with Princess Sofie. Psssst... if you want to keep up with me during the week, follow me on Instagram @tashabrandstatter!
Bonus:

Two exciting events are starting this coming week, and I hope you all can join in!

the ladies paradise emile zola

The lovely Evangeline from Edwardian Promenade and I are cohosting a readalong of The Ladies' Paradise by Emile Zola. The readalong schedule isn't too onerous–just one chapter every three days starting April 1st. I know several of you have mentioned you want to read this one, too, so give me or Evangeline a shout-out if you're interested!

comics and graphic novel month

Also starting April 1st is Comics, Graphic Novels, and Manga Month at Book Bloggers International. I organized this month and the number of bloggers who wanted to post blew me away! The posts that have come in so far are awesome. You definitely want to keep up with BBI next month.


I'm off to pet sit. Have a great rest of the weekend, everyone!



Discus this post with me on Twitter, FaceBook, Google+ or in the comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...