Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sunday Snapshot for the Ides of March

If you're new here, Sunday Snapshot is a feature where I ramble on about basically nothing. I know you want to read it now!

How is it that an entire week can pass with me getting nothing done? This is madness. I feel super busy but I get no reading done, no writing done, the laundry is still unfolded (and will remain so for at least a month, if history is anything to go by). Uhg. The only thing I got done this week were my taxes, and that took literally the entire day.

Anyway, enough whining.

What I'm reading right now:
I didn't read anything this week (see above), so it's the same books as last week with one exception: I finished Supermind by Mark Phillips on audio and started The Gold Bag by Carolyn Wells, which I'm honestly finding pretty boring but will probably finish anyway.

Movies watched this past week:
Night At the Museum: Secret of the Tomb, starring Ben Stiller and Robin Williams
Fun and entertaining (no surprise there), although the epitaph for Robin Williams and Mickey Rooney at the very end gutted me.
Run All Night, starring Liam Neeson and Ed Harris
Kind of an odd movie. On one hand, you have a mob drama à la Heat (excellent movie, incidentally); and on the other hand you have these absolutely ridiculous, over-the-top escape/shooting scenes. Neither side of the movie was entirely successful.

Subscription boxes received this week:
This week I got my Hello Fresh box and it was actually really good. They send you all the raw ingredients for three meals, portioned out, and recipes to match. The ingredients were all nice and fresh, the recipes were easy to follow, and there was very little clean-up at the end. Plus the meals themselves were healthy and generously portioned.

I forgot to take pics of the first two meals we made, but here's one of the Spanish steak salad. Very tasty!

hello fresh meal


I also got my March Glam Bag from Ipsy. I only care about the lipstick and highlighter, but that's the good thing about Ipsy–those two things together are probably worth about $10, anyway. And I love the bag this month.

ipsy march glam bag


I also got Love With Food, which is a snack subscription that's curated by famous chefs, foodies, bloggers, etc. I had major expectations for this one, but the box items felt really random. The theme was supposed to be healthy snacks, but why is a packet of herbs de Provence included? Yeah I can roast potatoes with it, but that's hardly a snack. I can't eat chocolate, so the chocolate items (most of the box) are wasted on me, AND my dad ate all the chips and then told me he didn't like them. So.

love with food snack box


Reviews in the queue:
No reading, no writing, no new reviews. I would like to write a review of Dutch's American Era bitters for my cocktail blog if I find a moment, though.

Theme of the week:
I think you can all guess that one.

need more time


Bonus:
This is the best thing I saw all week:

firth things firth


I would love this Benedict Cumberbatch coloring book. I wouldn't even need to color it.

benedict cumberbatch coloring book



Discus this post with me on Twitter, FaceBook, Google+ or in the comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...