Sunday, April 22, 2012

Readathon Wrap-Up Post

bunny reads

It's time wrap-up the Readathon that was. Did I manage to read for 24 hours? No. Do I ever? No.

What I read:
  • 3 short stories on audiobook, "The Moabite Cipher" by R. Austin Freeman; "A Scandal in Bohemia" by SIR Arthur Conan Doyle; and "The Eye of Apollo" by GK Chesterton.
  • I finished The Black Hawk by Joanna Bourne, yay!
End of event meme:
  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Probably the one where I woke up. :P
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? That I personally read this time around? No.
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Actually, yes. Maybe have a mid-event meme? I admit I was looking for this. Also, the way winners were announced seemed a little haphazard to me. And I know this is probably just a personal quirk, but animated gifs at the beginning of posts make my eyes bleed. Sorry--one is okay, but being confronted with a whole page of them is just too much.
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The mini-challenges seemed to go pretty smoothly.
  5. How many books did you read? 1, and 3 short stories.
  6. What were the names of the books you read? See above.
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? Probably "A Scandal in Bohemia".
  8. Which did you enjoy least? The Black Hawk
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I wasn't a cheerleader.
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I'll participate next time if at all possible.

How did your Readathon go?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...