Thursday, January 7, 2010

Books--I Do Not Haz Them

lolcat


From Booking Through Thursday:

What books did you get for Christmas (or whichever holiday you may have celebrated last month)?


Do you usually ask for books on gift-giving occasions or do you prefer to buy them yourself?



I didn't get any books for Christmas, believe it or not--well, unless you count the lovely Sharon Shinn book I got in the Book Blogger Holiday Swap, of course, which I certainly do! But from my friends and family? No. I got a gift card to Barnes & Noble (too bad B&N's website sucks with the gift cards, eh?), but no books.

Actually, though, I rarely ask for books. First of all, I usually buy the books I really want right away. I don't want to wait for a book, omg no. And as I have a whole slew of them, it's really impossible for anyone in the family--including my mom, who swaps books with me all the time--to know what I have and don't have, or what I've read. So the smart bet is generally on just giving me a gift card.

Not that I don't appreciated book gifts, of course!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...