Well, I think I had a really productive week! I finished three books for two challenges and wrote a bunch of entries (some of which haven't been published yet).
Here are the books I read this week:
- Kill the Dead by Tanith Lee (a very good book; see my review here)
- My Wicked Marquis by Gaelen Foley (DNF; however, I did write an un-review which I will post this week)
- Mr. & Mrs. Fitzwilliam Darcy: Two Shall Become One by Sharon Lathan (review to be posted this week)
I also saw Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince with my brother this week. I thought it was a really enjoyable movie, although they changed the events of the book around a lot more than I expected them to--I think a lot more than they have with any of the other movies. Or maybe it was just more noticable in this one. Anyway, can I just take a moment to gush about how much I looooooooove Snape. Best character ever! And Alan Rickman-rawr!
Ummm, yes. As for books acquired this week, I didn't get very many. Here's what I got from la bibliotheque:
- Melusine by Sarah Monette
- Life Studies by Susan Vreeland
- The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
Aside from that, you know what vacation means--I have to figure out what books I'm going to take! I focus on the important things. ^_^ Of course, no matter how many books I bring, two things are certain: one, I will bring more books than I will (or can) read; and two, I will buy more books while I'm away. So all of this is really kind of pointless. Nevertheless, here's what I'm thinking of taking at the moment:
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- The Thirteenth Tale
- Don't Tempt Me
- Flat-Out Sexy
- Bone Crossed (? Not sure about this one because it's a library book and I don't want to lose it)
Finally, the Book Blogger's Appreciation Week is being set up by My Friend Amy! How do you participate? Just go onto the site and register your blog. Then you can nominate other blogs you like and be entered to win prizes. I've heard it's really fun and a great way to discover new blogs, so go register now!
Powered by ScribeFire.