Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Two Challenges

harry potter and the chamber of secrets

For GalleySmith's Harry Potter Reading Challenge, I re-"read" Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on audiobook. I've had very limited experience with audiobook before now, but I found this version to be very entertaining. Jim Dale (or, as I like to think of him, the Pushing Daisies guy) narrates, and for the most part he's pretty good. The man can work a Scottish accent, let me tell you, although I was occassionally annoyed by the way he voiced Hermione's character. And Harry's. What I love about Harry in the books is that, although he's definitely a prototypical hero, he doesn't feel bland or characterized at all. He has his own unique personality and feels like a real person, not just The Hero. But the audio version (kind of like the movie versions) seems to erase that and make him very typical. Other than that, though, the audiobook was good, and I'm definitely planning on listening to the other books to complete this challenge.



Since I've read HP&TCOS a few times before, I though it would be fun to do a Poetic Review of it as part of Jenner's Take a Chance Challenge. We're supposed to write a book review in three different forms of verse: haiku, limerick and free verse. So here we go!

Limerick:

Harry is well on his way
To defeating Voldemort some day
Though they are much the same
Harry seems to have more of a brain.

Haiku:

The ghosts take time to eat cake
Nearly Headless Nick
Sees a snake but saves a life

Free Verse:

There are many things to fear
Snakes, spiders, girls
Angry teachers, difficult exams
Not having friends
But above all, one should fear books.
Because you never know
What sort of mind you're agreeing to follow.


So, that's it! I can't wait to start "reading" Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (and I don't even like that book).


Powered by ScribeFire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...