Sunday, October 4, 2009

TSS--In Which I Break All Vows of Abstinence

The Sunday Salon.com

Another song for you this Sunday:



I know, it has nothing to do with Sunday.  But I don't care; I like it.

Well, I haven't really been reading much this week except for The Lost Symbol.  As of tonight, I'm still working my way through it.  Dan Brown books usually take me a while to finish.  I'm looking forward to starting a romance novel after this!

In other news, Thursday I went to the Friends of the Library book sale!  It was the first time I'd ever been to a library sale.  I got a boatload of books for $7 (all right, I had to pay $10 to join FotL, but that's still a good deal).  Voila--here's all the books I got:

books1

And some of them I even wanted!  Like Monkey and The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie.  I'm pretty sure I read the The Swan Witch at some point in the past, but it's hard to tell.

And then tonight, after drinking margaritas, I went to the bookstore.  I think being in a bookstore after months of abstinence must have gone to my head, because I bought way too many books there:

books2

So shiny and new. *pets*  Basically, I have acquired 35 books in the last week (!).  Uh, yeah, you know that vow I made to reduce my TBR pile?  Pretty much shot to pieces at this point.

Other news:

  • I signed up for the 24 Hour Read-a-thon, even though I will be working during it.  But working is such a relative term, isn't it?  I can work and read at the same time, right?
  • Today I'm guest posting at Rebecca's blog, Lost In Books!  The topic is dance in Indian art.  Please note:  I am not an expert in Indian art.  If you find any inconsistencies in my post, please let me know.
  • This week is my birthday.  I will be a year perilously closer (perilouslier?) to thirty.  I'm thinking about doing a giveaway for it from my newly gained pile o'books.  Can you guess which two books?  Also, King Mho Fho, the mascot of Babbling About Books, And More! will be guest blogging here!

Challenge Update:



Powered by ScribeFire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...