Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Artsy Wankers, Yuppies, Blood, and Crises.

many books Image by kennymatic

I'm so depressed right now. *sob* 

My last week in reading was the major suckage.  It seems like ever since Going Too Far, I can't finish anything. 

tigers and devils

It all started with Tigers and Devils, which I was reading for M/M Month.  This book is about an Australian Football player and an "artsy wanker" who fall in love.  I'd heard a lot of good things about this book, but to me it was just boring.  The writing was decent, but the actual love story was hi-LARiously conventional.  Also, am I the only one who has trouble picturing an artsy wanker as a football fan?  Because I've known a few artsy wankers in my time, and a-none of them were sports fanatics.  Of any sort.  Just saying.

practice makes perfect

I finally gave up on Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James.  It took me almost three weeks to hit the hundred page mark, and once I did, I realized I really didn't give a crap about the characters.  Maybe I would have if it didn't take me forever to read it, who knows.

blood noir

I also decided to eShelve my eBook, Blood Noir by Jesse Fox.  This is another M/M Month book.  I wouldn't call it good, per se, but it was quite enjoyable.  However, I had noooo idea where the story was going, and the endless banter between one of the characters (gay) and a side character (straight, as mentioned numerous times--methinks he doth protest too much?) was getting annoying.  What really put me over the edge, though, was that Stanza, my eReader program, completely erased the formatting for the book!  I never knew not having paragraphs could be so aggravating.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  Because I'm not sure I can read another book like that unless it's really short.


In case you think my bad reading streak is the books' fault, let me assure you that I don't think so.  I haven't even been able to concentrate on blog reading lately.  It almost feels like I've lost all desire to read. 

This is terrible.  I don't even know who am if I don't read!  Seriously, people, I feel like I'm going through a crisis.  And I'm not entirely sure what, or if, I'll be reading when I get out of it. :(


Powered by ScribeFire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...