Saturday, May 30, 2009

Summer To-Do List

Iz doin' stuff.

Aside from getting a job, I have a list of things I would like to do during the summer.  As usual, it's a bit optimistic, but I'm hoping I can get at least 1 thing done (why are my lists always optimistic while my faith in my ability to accomplish them isn't?).
  1. Learn more about Egyptian Art~I loved the Egyptian Art section of the Art History Survey class I taught last year, and now I really want to know more about it.
  2. Brush up on my French and/or German~This will probably involve reading books in either language.  I know my papa has Anna Karenina in German, so I might try reading that; and I have a Harry Potter book in French that I can try.  If only I could get romance novels in these languages....
  3. Volunteer~I was thinking of volunteering to do a research project at a museum here in town, especially if I can't find a job in my field.  At least then I would be able to keep myself in the game a little bit while I wait to be able to apply to grad school.
  4. Read some books on Buddhism~I've been wanting to become a Buddhist for a while now, but I have no idea where to start.  I should go pick up some books at the library instead of just reading about it on the internet, I think.  But again, the where-does-one-begin problem.
  5. Take the GRE--again~This is really more of a have-to-do, because for some idiotic reason, the grad schools I'm applying to won't accept "old" (re: more than a year) GRE test scores.  I'm beginning to feel like they're deliberately torturing me.  Is that a bad thing?  I only know I need to study more than just the night before, which is what happened last time.
  6. Read, read moar~Sometimes I wish I could just tranfer information from a book into my brain through osmossis.  There are too many things in this world I would like to know about and I never feel like I have the time to learn it all.
  7. Detail car~I try to do a serious clean-out of my car at least twice a year... usually it only works out to once.  I keep it neat all during the year, so it's not too bad; but it is getting dusty in there.


Powered by ScribeFire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...