Friday, May 8, 2009

Top 5 Signs I'm Reading a Good Book


  1. (Assuming I'm employed) I call off work just to read it (actually, I've never done this, but it definitely happen).
  2. My conversation consists mainly of "yeah"s and "uh-huh"s, and afterward I show very little sign of having remembered anything that was said.
  3. When I'm asked a question, it takes between 4-10 seconds for me to respond.
  4. Absentmindedness:  the cordless phone is in the fridge, some of the utensils are in the pen cup, food is set out on the counter waiting for me to remember I wanted to make myself a sandwich, and the dog has been left outside for four hours (this also applies to when I'm writing term papers).
  5. There are dark circles under my eyes and I look paler than usual because I was reading until seven or eight in the morning and thus am operating on 4 hours of sleep.


Powered by ScribeFire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...