Friday, May 29, 2009

Thursday Tea



It's starting to get too hot to drink tea.  But I did anyway.

Thursday Tea is a weekly meme hosted by Anastasia at Birdbrain(ed) Books. To play along, all you need is some tea, a book, and the will to answer some very simple questions: what tea are you drinking (and do you like it)? What book are you reading (and do you like it)? Tell us a little about your tea and your book, and whether or not the two go together.



Tonight I'm drinking Ginseng Peppermint by Republic of Teas.  It's "A healthy blend of eleuthero, peppermint, cinnamon, licorice, and echinacea root. This masterful blend offers herbal benefits and a naturally sweet, smooth, pleasing flavor," according to the website.  It's pretty good.  I love the sweetness of the tea most of all.


Shop Indie Bookstores


And I'm currently reading City of Bones, which is a YA novel I have to admit I only picked up because of the Stephenie Meyer blurb on the cover (hey, she likes Jane Eyre).  So far it's about a girl named Clary who can see beings (or beans) that no one else can.  They're from another dimension and they feed on humans.  Meanwhile, the Shadowalkers, or something like that, are protecting humanity from the evil other-dimensional demon creatures. The beginning has been sort of predictable as far as YA paranormal adventure novels go, but I'm hoping it will start to get interesting soon.

Does my book and my tea go together?  Erm... I honestly don't know.  The peppermint tea is sweet and I love it, but right now I'm undecided as far as City of Bones goes.  I really wouldn't know any adjective to describe it so far other than predictable, but I'm only on page 70-something.

What are you drinking and reading this Thursday?





Powered by ScribeFire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...