Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Me & Melody Lee--BBAW Interview

BBAW interview swap

My BBAW Interview partner is the lovely Melody Lee from Melody's Reading Corner!  Melody's blog specializes in all sorts of fiction, and she's involved in a lot of challenges and memes.  Let's find out a little bit more about her, shall we?

Melody's Reading Corner
When did you first get into reading?  Do you remember the first book you read?

I loved reading since I was in primary school. I remember I read a lot of books by Enid Blyton and the Nancy Drew series. I was a huge fan of these series back then. I can’t remember which is the first book I read but it is either one of these books.

What is your favorite book/s of all time?


This is a rather tough question for me! I have so many favourite books that I would want to read over and over again… I wish I could give you the whole list but I know this would take forever to read so I will just name a few:
  • My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult
  • The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
  • The Ghost Writer by John Harwood
  • Tokyo (aka The Devil of Nanking) by Mo Hayder 
  • The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
  • Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  • The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister

When did you start book blogging?

I started my blog in July three years ago. Curiosity is the top factor but I also find it is a good way of recording and jotting down my thoughts on the books I read. Later I discovered that there is a bookblogging community out there and I was thrilled. And as for the rest as they say is history.

What are three book blogs you would recommend to anyone?


There are so many great book blogs out there that I want to recommend to anyone, but I’m not going to spoil the fun by giving that reply so after giving some thoughts, these three book blogs spring to mind because I love their writing style: Musings of a Bookish Kitty, Things Mean A Lot and A Guy’s Moleskine Notebook.

If you could write a book, what do you think it would be about?

I love reading about female heroines that kick butts! She could be a sexy vampire slayer or an intelligent PI but one thing they would have in common is the enthusiasm they put into their work and that they are not afraid to show their vulnerability to the people around them.

Or, I would write a fairy tale retelling but the thing is, which one should I choose?

What's your favorite place to read?  Do you have any reading accessories you can't do without?

My sofa at home! Generally, I can read anywhere but I’d prefer a quiet place so I can devote my full attention on the book.  Funnily, I can read on the commute despite the crowd but that is because I’d rather read than doing nothing else! 

As for reading accessories, I can’t do without bookmarks! They are a must-have for me because I hate dog-earring my books. Anyway, I’m always attracted to beautiful bookmarks so I buy them if I like their designs. It is another addiction which is hard to ditch for me!

 What do you like to do when you're not reading or blogging?

I wish I could say knitting or baking because these are the two things which I wanted to learn badly, but being a working mother I don’t have the time for classes so that leave shopping (book buying most of the time!) and well, more reading!

 Do you have any favorite memes?

I love memes! I think they are a great way of getting to know other bookbloggers. I participate in Mailbox Monday, Monday Musings, Teaser Tuesdays, Wordless Wednesday, Cover Attraction and Booking Through Thursday. Sometimes, I’d also participate in Weekly Geeks but it seems like I haven’t been doing those for a while. These are my favourite memes but there are a few others which I’m interested but I’m not sure if I should participate more. I want a balance between memes and book reviews and I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me if I have too many or too little memes on my blog.


Thank you, Melody!  It was fun getting to know you.  You can check out Melody's interview with me over at Melody's Reading Corner.

Powered by ScribeFire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...