Monday, January 11, 2010

Uno, Dos, Tres, Hecho!

bloggiesta finish

Bloggiesta is over, and I have to say I didn't get much done.  Woe is to me.  But!  I did get a new blog theme for 2010 up, and it is beautiful!!!  Thank you so much to Drea from Book Blather for helping me with the HTML for it.  So in case you visited today and said to yourself, "Wow!  It looks like someone knows what they're doing."  Yeah, that would be Drea. :)

Beth from Beth Fish Reads gave us all a mini-challenge to clean up our labels so they're more user-friendly.  I didn't really accomplish this for the whole blog, but I did add labels to my old posts here, so people can find them.  I kind of went label-crazy for a few months there, but people will just have to deal with it.

Chelle from Tempting Persephone (great name for a blog, by the way) challenged us to feature the best posts on our blog.  However we defined "best" was up to us.  This was pretty difficult, as you can probably imagine.  But I picked out several favorites: 

And finally, Jenn from Jenn's Bookshelves posted a great mini-challenge on a way to brain storm for post ideas!  Here is what you do:
  1. Set-up:  Get a piece of paper and draw five
    circles vertically along the paper.   In the circles, write the titles
    of your last five blog posts.
  2. Extend Your Posts: Take each post and brainstorm
    ways the post can be extended.  Answer a comment left on a previous
    post. Expand upon your answer. Expand upon an idea or opinion that you
    may have briefly mentioned in the previous post.  For each idea draw a
    line out from the circle, draw a square (or use a different color) and
    write the idea inside of it.
  3. Extend Further: This step is optional.  Expand upon the topics you have come up with and you’ll end up with even more post ideas!
Sounds simple, right?  I tried this exercise and here's what I came up with:

Books--I Do Not Haz Them
  • Giving books to non-readers
  • Review of the Sharon Shinn book I got (after I read it, of course)
  • Gift cards versus getting actual books: is one better than the other?
Two Classic Film Reviews
  • Review of 500 Days of Summer
  • The awesomeness that is Peter Lorre
  • Read Maltese Falcon and compare it to the movie
  • Women's roles in film (pretty broad, I know)
Harry Potter and the Kid Who Cried Wolf
  • Review of the next Harry Potter book I read
  • Is JK Rowling the 21st-century version of Dickens?
  • Dumbledore: how evil is he?
  • How long is too long for a book?
The Dickens With Love by Josh Lanyon
  • The next m/m book I read reviewed
  • DNFs from m/m month
  • M/M books-romantic?
Art History Challenge Update
  • Basically reviews of the books I'm planning to read for this, haha.
  • Updates on other posts participants have written.
This was really fun!  I have to recommend this to all the bloggers out there--I really did get some promising post ideas.  Thanks, Jenn.


Thus ends another Bloggiesta.  I blogged for about 13 1/2 hours, completed three (ish--give me a break Beth, please?) mini-challenges, and retooled my blog.  I know I did a lot less than some people, but I'm very happy with what I accomplished.  I can't wait for the next Bloggiesta!  Thank you again to Natasha from Maw Books for hosting it.  Hasta la próxima, bloggers!




Powered by ScribeFire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...