Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Old Books

the book list

The Book List is a meme hosted by my lovely friend Rebecca from Lost In Books.  You just take the weekly topic and make a list out of it!  This week Rebecca wants to know what three books have been on la TBR pile the longest.  But because I can't read directions and fail at memes, I kinda changed it again, to all the books that have been on my TBR shelf more than a year--which is actually the majority of them, believe it or not.

Why do books spend so much time in my TBR pile?  To be honest, I have no idea.  A lot of them are books my mom or brother have loaned me.  There are others that I bought but can't seem to work up interesting in reading any more.  Here is an annotated list, as a full list would be ginormous:


William Nicholson
Slaves of the Mastery
Firesong
(about 8 years in la TBR)

Tanith Lee
Metallic Love
Faces Under Water
(at least 5 years)

Perfume by Patrick Suskind
(pretty recent--only two years)

Sabriel by Garth Nix
(hard to say with this one--could be ten years)

A Bucket of Ashes by PB Ryan
(3 years, feels like 10)

Princess of the White by Trudi Canavan
(4 years)

The Somnambulist by Jonathan Barnes
(2 years)

A bunch of Laurie R. King Novels
(a year-ish)

Silver Falls by Anne Stuart
(1 year, seems more like 8)

Romancing the Dead by Tate Halloway
(2 years)

The Innocent by Posie Graeme-Evans
(5 years--I hadn't realized I'd been carrying this one around so long!)

Battle Royale by Koushun Takami
(8 years)

And at least a dozen other books I'm too lazy to type.


It's not that I don't want to read these books--I do.  Just not right now.  For the last 1-10 years.

So, what I would like to know is, do you think books in the TBR stack should have an expiration date?  And if so, when should I just give up and move on with my life?





Powered by ScribeFire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...