Sunday, January 31, 2010

TSS-M/M Month Wrap-Up

The Sunday Salon.com

Today is the last day of January, which means it's also the last day of M/M Month.  Here are the books I read this month:

m/m month button


Overall I would say the month was a mixed bag.  I might have thrown myself a little too enthusiastically in the m/m romance subgenre.  Although I did enjoy the books by Josh Lanyon and Ava March, every other book was a wash.  I don't think m/m is really my thing--especially as I don't seem to be able to work up much of an interest in m/m sex.  Usually it either made me giggle or squicked me out.  Some of it was pretty hot, though (re: Lanyon and March); but I think that had more do with the characters and circumstances than the m/m thing.

That being said, though, I love love loved my guest posters for the month!  Mandi from Smexy Books posted a review of The Strongest Shape; author Caridad Pineiro wrote a post about m/m romance as part of her book tour to promote Sins of the Flesh; Orannia of Walkabout suggested books that introduced her to m/m romance; and Ryan from Wordsmithonia posted about his perspective of the m/m genre.  I want to again say a big thank-you to them, because they wrote better posts than I could ever hope to, and really made the month special.  If you haven't read any of their guest posts yet, please make sure to.

Some of you might be wondering if I'm planning to do another themed month.  Well, I'm glad you asked!  I am planning on doing a classics theme in March; I'll post more about that in February.  Meghan from Medieval Bookworm is also joining me for classics month, so it will be doubly fun!  Between then and now I'm planning to read... well, whatever I want.

In the meantime, I do have to recommend Josh Lanyon to everyone.  He is a fabulous writer and if nothing else, m/m month was worth it just to have introduced me to his books.


How did your January reading go?


Powered by ScribeFire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...