Friday, March 5, 2010

Deep Bookish Q's

quiz Image by psd

I saw this on Ryan's blog, Wordsmithonia, and I couldn't resist doing it myself!

Rules of this survey - no two answers can be the same book and all books must be fiction.


Book next to your bed right now:  Persuasion by Jane Austen, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, and Lorna Doone by RD Blackmoore
Favorite series:  The Vampire Diaries by LJ Smith
Favorite book:  Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
The one book you would have with you if stranded on a desert island:  Probably the Bible, to be honest.  And I don't consider myself a particularly religious person.
Book/series you would take with you on a long flight:  The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbooks.  I want to have as many McGuiver skillz as possible with me when I get on a plane.
Worst book you were made to read in school:  A Tale of Two Cities.  Horrible.  Ties with Babbitt by Sinclair Lewis, which is just self-indulgent nonsense.
Book that everyone should be made to read in school:  The Great Gatsby.  Will this novel ever NOT be relevant??
Book that everyone should read, period:  Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
Favorite character:  Mr. Darcy
Best villain:  Sir Brian du Bois-Gilbert from Ivanhoe.
Favorite concept series:  Um, I don't know.  The Archangel series by Sharon Shinn?
Favorite invented world:  Ephemera (Anne Bishop)
Most beautifully written book:  Errrrrrr, hm.  No idea.
Funniest book:  Not Quite Paradise by Jan Zimlich was quite funny.




Powered by ScribeFire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...