Saturday, March 6, 2010

Musical Notes: The Adoration of Jenna Fox, Persuasion, & Lorna Doone

music notes Image by suchitra prints

Musical Notes is a new feature on my blog where I talk about the soundtrack I've been setting to books this week.  It was inspired by the lovely Memory of Stella Matutina.

The Adoration of Jenna Fox

Jenna's sad isolation reminded me of Emma Pollock's Paper and Glue.  Here is the radio single version, but I actually perfer the haunting quality of her performing it accoustically at Daytrotter.





Persuasion

I like this song as an accompaniment to Persuasion by Jane Austen.  Don't ask me why, because I have no idea:



The band sounds like typwriters!!!

Lorna Doone

I think of this song when I think of Lorna Doone, because John is very much a child of nature--although the video sends a completely different message from the book.  It is good, though.



Powered by ScribeFire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...