- You're dead.
- Your book is over forty years old and still in print.
- It's been made into a theater-release (movie or stage) adaptation at least twice. All versions have famous actors.
- It's been turned into a miniseries by the BBC (this version does not have to have famous actors, although they eventually become famous for wearing cravats and having sexy necks and brooding meins).
- The only people who've read it are high school students and/or English majors.
- Despite the fact that the novel is really a romance/science fiction/fantasy/adventure/mystery novel, you can find it in the literature section of the bookstore.
- It's been mangled into an adaptation featuring zombies or vampires.
Powered by ScribeFire.