Sunday, October 23, 2011

End of Readathon Post

lolcat

It's the end of the Readathon! I DNF'd three books: Turn Coat, Map of Time, and The Historian; skimmed to the end of Vathek and The Tomb of the Argosa Kings; and listened to a good half of O Jerusalem on audiobook. Unintentionally, my reading had an odd, mid-East and militaristic bent this time around. To be honest, I can't wait to get back to reading "normally" tomorrow (not to mention bed).

Meme!

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? I think it was hour 8, because I started feeling pressure to finish books and it just wasn't going very well. Then I started an audiobook that I could listen to while doing other things, and that calmed me down enough to start having fun again.
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Even though it was a really odd book, The Tomb of the Argosa Kings was actually pretty good for the Readathon; fast-moving and lots of action.
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Hm, maybe some sort of live ticker with the number of books or pages read as the Readathon progresses?
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Things went off without too much of a hiccup as far as I could tell.
  5. How many books did you read? Basically one. This is typical.
  6. What were the names of the books you read? See above.
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? O Jerusalem by a landslide.
  8. Which did you enjoy least? Well I didn't like ANY of the others that much, to be honest.
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I wasn't.
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Oh, I'll definitely participate next time if at all possible. Not sure what role I'll take, but I think I'll volunteer to do something again; it was fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...